Hi, Friends!! It has been a while since I wrote a blog and I figured what better time than sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting for my team members to arrive so we can go to Zambia! I am sure that most of you have been following my journey with the country of Zambia since the beginning but for those of you new friends, I will do a quick introduction!
This will be my fourth trip to Kitwe, Zambia: the first one was two weeks with my church, the second two were with an organization called Apex Missions (previously Trek7) which were both 7-week trips, and this trip is the first trip with my new position of GlobalFingerprints site coordinator for Zambia! This country has completely stolen my heart, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of the kids and the staff that I minister with. I am really truly blessed that God brought Edward and Barbra, the Sara Rose Children’s Foundation staff and children, and everyone else involved!
Now that you know a little more about me and my heart for Zambia here is some information about this current trip.I will be going with Dr. Stilley, his wife Connie, Stu Erdenberg, and 4 medical students: Megan, Caitlyn, Brennan, and Elliot. We will also be meeting an Apex student, Chloe, who will be with us for the trip. We will be in Zambia for about a week (we leave today and come back on July 16th). While in Zambia we will be doing
While in Zambia we will be doing physicals for each of the students involved in our GlobalFingerprints program. We are expecting to see roughly 200+ children in 5 days. I am so beyond excited for this trip. I am so excited to meet other medical/nursing students who share the same passion for missions I do.
We are not sure what our WiFi abilities will be but we will post updates as much as possible.
- Pray for safe travels for everyone as we meet in Atlanta and then fly together to Johannesburg and then onto Zambia
- Pray for health for all of us as we will hit the ground running and not stop until we get home
- Pray for the hearts of those we will interact with, that those who don’t know Jesus will see Him through us, and for those who do know Jesus that they will be encouraged
- Pray for the team to mesh well together
- Pray for the love of Jesus to radiate through each of us and that people won’t see what we are doing as actions to bring us glory but actions to bring Jesus all the glory!!!