Fellowship is vital part of your relationship with Jesus Christ. It enables you to share what you are feeling, what God is doing in your life, the trials and tribulations in your life. When you are involved in fellowship it allows you to do life with those people and walk along with them in your relationship with Jesus.
Last night Jenna and I had to opportunity to fellowship with an American missionary doctor and his family. Dr. Day opened up a clinic this past December that caters to people that live in small townships around the clinic. He and his wife graciously welcome us into their home for dinner and fellowship! We were able to hear a little bit about what the missionary life looks like here in Zambia!!
I am so incredibly thankful to have a family here that has such as big heart for the Zambian people as I do. I don’t think I realized how much I was craving someone to talk to about my love for Zambia and the highs and lows of missions!! I walked away so encouraged and excited to continue what Jenna and I are doing here! It is such an encouragement to meet and interact with other people who want to share Jesus with those around them just as bad as you do!! I am so incredibly excited to hopefully continue this friendship with the Day family!!
I thank you so much for bringing this family into my life exactly when we needed them! I pray for protection against spiritual warfare as this family is right in the midst of your will! I pray that you will use them to advance your kingdom here in Zambia! Thank you again Jesus!!
- For the Day family to continue to listen to you and your will for their lives
- Strength for both Jenna and I (I am feeling a little under the weather)
- Encouragement from Jesus and from those around us (I am looking at the huge amount of need here in Zambia and am feeling very overwhelmed and ill-equipped for this)
- On Monday Jenna and I will start going through our lessons for the children at the Orphanage- We are doing 5 lessons at the orphanage next week as well as various GlobalFingerprints stuff that I need to do with Victoria so our week will be very packed!
- Praise for this past week- we have had a few down days so we can get acclimated to the 9 hour time change. We have also been able to prepare our lessons well which has been a major blessing!